The Los Angeles Review Creative Nonfiction Award is a prize of $1,000 and publication in LAR given bi-annually for an exceptional work of nonfiction. This season's judge is Chelsey Clammer.
• Please submit a piece no longer than 2,500 words. Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please notify us immediately at email@example.com if your piece is accepted elsewhere.
• Only previously unpublished works are considered for the Los Angeles Review Creative Nonfiction Award. Entries are not considered for general inclusion in the Los Angeles Review.
• Entry fee is $20.
• The winner will be selected in fall of 2017 and announced via our website, and a Red Hen Press press release.
• The winning piece will be published in the new LAR Online and included in the annual best-of print edition, set to be released in spring 2018.
• In the cover letter field of each submission, include author’s name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number. Do NOT include this information in the submitted file.
• Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org